Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
* Do you require a licence? No a licence is not required. Tours are fully guided and thorough safety briefings and demonstrations are provided.
* Is any jet ski experience necessary? No, our guide will tell you everything you need to know and all safety gear is provided.
* What should I wear and what should I bring with me? Bring along swimmers, towel and sunscreen (like a day at the beach). Don’t forget your sense of adventure! We will deck you out on the jet ski with all necessary safety gear and riding apparel.
* What riding apparel and safety gear is included? Guests are provided with thermal tops, wetsuit shorts, polarised sunglasses/goggles, hat and safety gear including bright lifejackets.
* Where can I put my gear or valuables? Given the nature of the tour, it may be best to leave your valuables at home or at your accommodation, however on the Jetski To Paradise and Ultimate Island Trek tours, there is a dry bag in the secure, water resistant glove box for you to put your gear. We also have a secure office at Abell Point Marina if you wish to leave any gear there.
* Where do the tours go? Four tours operate daily, the Airlie Adventure, also known as the ‘Turtle Tour’ with sea turtles often encountered off Airlie Beach, the Two Island Safari, exploring the waterways of South Molle and Daydream Islands, the Jetski to Paradise, a jetski adventure visiting exclusive Paradise Cove Resort and the Ultimate Island Trek, an epic jetski journey to the island oasis of Palm Bay Resort.
* How long is the ride? The Airlie Adventure is a one and half hour ride around Pioneer Bay, the Two Island Safari is a two hour ride around South Molle Island and Daydream Islands, the Jetski to Paradise tour is a two hour return jetski ride to Paradise Cove Resort and the Ultimate Island Trek is a 3 hour return jetski tide to Palm Bay Resort on Long Island.
* What is the cost of the tours? The Airlie Adventure is $220 per jet ski or $110 per person twin share, the Two Island Safari is $280 per jetski or $140 per person twin share, the Jetski To Paradise is $340 per jetski or $170 p/person twin share and the Ultimate Island Trek is $380 per jetski (SOLO RIDERS ONLY). Rates valid until 31 March 2020.
* Are there any additional costs? No, there are no additional costs on tours…all are fully inclusive.
* Are food and drinks included? We provide bottled water on all tours. The Jetski to Paradise includes a delicious tropical brunch and the Ultimate Island Trek includes a poolside woodfired pizza lunch.
* What other activities are included? You will most likely encounter an array of marine life including sea turtles and dugongs.
* How many guests can fit on a jet ski? Two adults can travel twin share. You can also travel solo if you wish to be the sole rider of the jet ski! Solo riders only are able to travel on the Ultimate Island Trek however.
* Are the tours suitable for families? Yes our tours are suitable for families and is a great day out! The minimum driver age is 16 years and the minimum passenger age is 8 years old on the Airlie Adventure or 12 years old on the Two Island Safari and Jetski To Paradise tours. Solo riders only with a minimum age of 16 years and over is required for the Ultimate Island Trek tour. If the driver is under 18 years of age, an indemnity form must be signed by parent or guardian prior to tour.
* What time do you leave? The Airlie Adventure operates from 8.00am – 10.30am, the Two Island Safari operates from 1.30pm – 4.30pm, the Jetski To Paradise operates from 8.00am – 12.00pm and the Ultimate Island Trek operates from 11.30am – 4.30pm. Timings include check in, briefings and demonstrations and courtesy pick ups are available prior to tour times.
* Where do you leave from? We leave from Airlie Adventure Central located at Shop 3, Abell Point Marina South Village, Shingley Drive, Airlie Beach.
* Is a pick up from our accommodation included? Yes we provide a courtesy bus pick up from mainland Airlie Beach and surrounds which is included in the tour, so just let us know when you book where you require a pick up from.
* Can we get photos? Yes! We take photos of you on the day and upload them to Facebook where you can download them for free!
* How fast can we go on the jetski? New Australian laws have been introduced for jet ski hire and jet ski tour operators. The law requires that jet skis cannot exceed 30 knots.
* What if the weather is too rough? Whitsunday Jetski Tours offer great tour options for most weather conditions. In a strong south easterly (the prominent wind direction) the Airlie Adventure offers a protected tour option around Pioneer Bay. The tours operate most days and can be varied according to the weather. We do always warn guests if the conditions are a little windy and a more adventurous tour is expected and it is up to the guests to decide if they want to take on the adventure! In extreme weather conditions tours will not operate but if it is just raining…no problems….you are going to get wet anyway!!!!
* I am not a confident swimmer – can I travel? Yes. If you unexpectedly fall in the water, you do need to be confident enough to swim back to your own jet ski. For guests with little or no experience, the tour guides offer dedicated attention, personalised service and briefings with extra tuition as needed and you can always travel near the guide enroute. Full safety gear including lifejackets are provided which aids buoyancy. Above average fitness level and confidence in open waters are necessary for Two Island Safari, Jetski To Paradise and Ultimate Island Trek tours.
* What if I have a disability – can I travel? Being an adventurous activity we need to be aware as to the extent of any disability. We are obliged to meet specific safety criteria and ensure that guests have a suitable level of fitness and understand the basics of the safety brief. We have carried many guests with physical and intellectual disabilities and endeavour to provide extra attention and assistance in every way. In some instances a medical certificate may be necessary. Above average fitness level and confidence in open waters are necessary for Two Island Safari, Jetski To Paradise and Ultimate Island Trek tours.
* Do I have to understand English? Yes, we do provide very important verbal safety and jetski training briefings and demonstrations so it is important that anyone driving a jetski understands English.
* How many jet skis do you have? We have up to 12 jet skis per tour, carrying a total of up to 24 people.
* Can groups travel? Our tours are perfect for a small group wanting a day out – large families, conference, rewards, incentives, students, wedding groups or just a bunch of friends! It is the ideal choice of Whitsunday Islands tours and can be tailor made to suit requirements.
* Is there a maximum weight limit? Weight restrictions do apply with a maximum of two adults per jet ski or 230kg per jet ski.
* What type of jetskis will we be riding? Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours operate the latest model Sea-Doo jet skis, chosen for their excellent build quality, reliability, safety and performance. Our jet skis handle sea conditions extremely well and are ideal for our Whitsunday Islands tours.
* Are the tours guided? Yes one or two tour guides travel with every group, depending on numbers. Thorough safety briefing and demonstrations are provided by a qualified tour guide and tours are fully supervised at all times.
* Do we see any marine animals? Yes sea turtle watching (especially on the Airlie Adventure) as well as occasional dugong, seabird and whale (seasonal) sightings.
* I have a very special request – can you help out? Yes! Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours happily cater for any special requests and can tailor tours to suit. Wedding proposals, birthday surprises, anniversaries and private charters – no problem!
* Do Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours hold any accreditations? Yes, Whitsunday Jetski Tours is proudly Ecotourism Australia Certified, offering ecologically sustainable tourism with a primary focus on experiencing natural areas that fosters environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation. Whitsunday Jetski Tours is also ATAP Accredited (Australian Tourism Accreditation Program) ensuring a quality tourism experience.
* Has the company won any awards? Yes! Whitsunday Jetski Tours is a multi award winner, winning gold in the Tour and Transport Operator category and bronze in the Adventure Tourism category at the 2018 Whitsunday Tourism Awards. Whitsundays Jetski Tours was also the winner of the silver Adventure Tourism Award and Tour and Transport Operator Awards at the 2017 Whitsunday Tourism Awards and the Bronze Tour and Transport winner at the 2017 Queensland Tourism Awards. Previous awards also include winning the Adventure Tourism Award and Tour and Transport Operator Award at the 2016 Whitsunday Tourism Awards, as well as the Silver Tour and Transport winner and Bronze Adventure Tourism winner at the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards, the Adventure Tourism Award and Tour and Transport Operator Award at the 2015 Whitsunday Tourism Awards, the Silver Adventure Tourism Winner and Bronze Tour and Transport winner at the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards, the Adventure Tourism Award, Smile Whitsundays Customer Service Award and Business of the Year Award at the 2014 Whitsunday Tourism Awards and Bronze Adventure Tourism winner at the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards, as well as the Adventure Tourism Award, Smile Whitsundays Customer Service Award and People’s Choice Award at the 2012 Whitsunday Tourism Awards and winner of the 2011 Whitsunday Tourism Awards New Tourism Development. Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours is also proudly ranked #1 on TripAdvisor and holds a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for its Whitsunday Islands tours.